Salsa Verde Pizza.
You can cook Salsa Verde Pizza using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Salsa Verde Pizza
- Prepare of crust.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of quick rise yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light beer.
- Prepare of salsa verde.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of tomatillos, de-husked and rinsed.
- You need 4 of serrano peppers, stems removed.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of water.
- It’s of pizza toppings.
- You need 10 oz of package of chorizo sausage.
- It’s 8 oz of queso fresco.
- You need 1/4 of red onion, sliced fine.
- It’s 1/2 can of black olives, sliced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, sliced fine.
- Prepare of garnish.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro, shredded.
- It’s 1 of queso anejo or romano shredded fresh.
Salsa Verde Pizza step by step
- DAY BEFORE COOKING: Combine all dry ingredients for crust in medium sized mixing bowl. Add beer and water. Mix into course dough. Cover with plastic wrap and leave out to rise overnight, or at least 8 hours..
- For salsa, begin with setting broiler on high..
- Place serranos and tomatillos on baking sheet 4 inches under broiler. Cook until each is soft, splotchy and blackened – about 5 minutes on each side. Color will turn from vibrant green to an olive hue. Remove from broiler to cool..
- Place roasted serranos and tomatillos in food processor. Add remaining salsa ingredients. Process til coarse or desired consistency..
- Preheat oven to 500°F..
- Cook chorizo in skillet until browned..
- Press dough into greased pizza pan or 13×18 baking sheet. Add [in this order] salsa, chorizo, red onions, black olives, garlic, and crumbled queso fresco..
- Bake on center rack until golden brown – about 20 mintues..
- Top with garnish and serve. A side of light sour cream for dipping is yummy. :).