Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs. "This is potato salad the old-fashioned way, with eggs, celery and relish. It's really good to serve with chili." Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise.
If I made it again I would probably cut down on. This flavorful mustard potato salad is easy to make at home—you don't have to rely on a tasteless and mushy version from the deli! Waxy potatoes (such as Rose Red or Yukon Gold) make the best potato salad because the cooked potatoes hold together better than Idahos or Russets. You can have Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs
- You need 3 lbs of Cambray potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of Dijon mustard (I recommend the one with whole grains).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 of scallions.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh dill.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Not only does this potato salad recipe has a healthy ingredients list, but these ingredients all come together beautifully to create a creamy blend of amazing flavors. This is why this traditional southern potato salad with mustard, eggs and pickles is a salad that you'll want to make again and again. The potatoes will absorb a lot of moisture, and you want a creamy salad. Another key to flavor and texture is the very fine chopping of the onion, celery and In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, dill pickle juice, cream, salt, pepper and sugar.
Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs instructions
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then cook uncovered until done (20-25 minutes). They're done when a knife slides easily in and out of a potato. Meanwhile:.
- Chop scallions, parsley and dill (doesn't need to be too fine a chop). Combine..
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Then, very slowly (as if you were making mayonnaise), add the oil while whisking briskly (say that five times fast!). This creates a creamy emulsified dressing that makes all the difference in the world!.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain them and rinse them with cold water to cool them down. Once at room temperature, cut them in halves. Combine with the dressing, mixing gently to coat them. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the chopped herbs and scallions, combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and bask in its beauty!.
- Serve and enjoy! (a nice cold beer is an excellent pairing).
My recipe Mustard Potato Salad shows you a particularly hearty potato salad with mustard. The spiciness of mustard brings expressiveness to the great tubers. In my take on potato salad, mini spuds are roasted at high heat, then tossed in a pleasantly bracing mustard and walnut oil vinaigrette. Filled with plenty of toasted walnuts, fresh basil, and sliced scallions, this potato salad is best eaten at room temperature. I recommend gently smashing some of.