Super Easy Smoked Sausage & Cabbage in Salsa.
You can cook Super Easy Smoked Sausage & Cabbage in Salsa using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Super Easy Smoked Sausage & Cabbage in Salsa
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil or butter.
- It’s 2 strips of bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces.
- It’s 1/2 of a large onion, cut into 1/2" strips vertically.
- You need 1/2 of a medium head of green cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of optional 1 large carrot, cut into 1/3-inch thick pieces.
- Prepare 1 pound of smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- You need 1 cup of storebought salsa (like Pace, La Victoria, Frontera, etc.).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of hot sauce of choice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need of chopped green onions and/or cilantro for garnish.
Super Easy Smoked Sausage & Cabbage in Salsa step by step
- In a large pot or deep frying pan, bring the oil or butter up to medium heat and render a bit of the fat from the bacon..
- Add the onion, cabbage, and garlic (and carrot if you're using it) to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the onions start to turn translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes..
- Add the sausage, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and sugar to the pan, and give it a few gentle stirs to incorporate all the ingredients..
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes..
- Sprinkle green onions and/or cilantro over the top and serve with starch of choice..
- Enjoy! :).