Mike's Garlic Salsa Fresca Or Ceviche.
You can have Mike's Garlic Salsa Fresca Or Ceviche using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's Garlic Salsa Fresca Or Ceviche
- You need of Vegetables [Fine chop all veggies about Tic Tac candy sized or a bit larger].
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh Garlic [fine chop-packed cup].
- You need 2 cup of Firm Jalapeños [fine chop-seeds included for heat].
- You need 2 cup of Sweet Firm White Vidalia Onions [fine chop-don't substitute].
- It’s 2 large of Firm Roma Tomatoes [fine chop-seeds removed with spoon].
- Prepare 1 cup of Firm Cucumbers [fine chop – seeds removed with spoon].
- You need 1 cup of Fresh Firm Celery [fine chop-add leaves].
- It’s 1 large of Bunch Fresh Cilantro [rough chop].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fresh Firm Radishes [fine chop].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fresh Green Onions [fine chop-greens & whites].
- It’s of Canned Vegetables.
- It’s 4 can of 8 oz ROTELL Tomatoes [with green chilies].
- Prepare 1 can of 4 oz Chopped Green Chilies [preferred – fresh green chopped Hatch chilies].
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- It’s 2/3 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Sea Salt [add at finish].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fresh Lime Juice [+ reserve for finish-bottled is okay].
- You need 2 tbsp of Pure Honey [1 tbs if adding fruits to your salsa].
- Prepare 6 dash of to 10 dash: Red Tabasco.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Celery Salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of Clamato Juice.
Mike's Garlic Salsa Fresca Or Ceviche step by step
- First, make certain that all of the vegetables you choose are very firm and very fresh. That really is the first secret to this unique Garlic Salsa Fresca!.
- ● Using only plastic bowls, by hand, fine chop all vegetables listed and try to keep everything the same size. Continuity in size is just as important to this dish as the freshness and firmness of your vegetables. ● Hand chopping will also reduce the chance of any vegetable brusing. Together, these steps will set your salsa far apart from any others. Even if this is your first attempt!.
- Seperate the jalapeños and white onions and place them in a plastic bowl or large Ziplock Bag. Add 1/2 cup lime juice to that bowl or bag, mix and allow to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. Stir or massage bag regularly. This step will really make these veggies pop and sweeten! Yes, sweeten!.
- Throw everything else in the Vegetable Section that's properly chopped in a large plastic bowl. De-seed all vegetables that call for it, i.e., cucumbers and tomatoes and discard seeds. Keep the seeds in your jalapeños for that additional kick and flavor! Also, add your canned goods. Do not drain the cans. The Clamato, the Tabasco and what fluid the sea salt pulls from your vegetables will be your only source of fluid in your salsa..
- Mix in all ingredients in the Seasonings section gently but well. You don't want to bruise those perfect veggies!.
- ● Mix in jalapeños and onions with the 1/2 cup lime juice they have been marinating in. Mix well. Refrigerate until chilled. Stir regularly. Taste test and add additional lime juice if needed. ● While you're at it, why not make yourself a wicked Bloody Mary or Bloody Caesar since you already have the majority of the ingredients out? See recipe below. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342689-mikes-perfect-bloody-caesars.
- You can also serve this salsa communal style with sturdy chips like homemade Tortilla chips [you'll need them sturdy with this heavy salsa!] and/or sturdy quality crackers like Stacys Garlic Chips..
- STORING YOUR SALSA: You can also jar [don't can-this salsa won't last long enough for that process] some of this salsa. It will last about a week in the fridge. Once fresh jarred, offer it to your friends and co-workers! I know our neighbors look forward to this salsa at least once a month with our homemade, heavily seasoned Tortilla chips!.
- OPTIONS FOR THE COOK: There are endless seasonings and ingredients you can either omit or even add to this Salsa. Various herbs and spices like Mexican Saffron and even Old Bay have been great additions in various dishes! It's your call! Vegetables such as corn or zucchini, or, even fruits like sweet Mango, Papaya, Watermelon or Cantelope are all fantastic options to counter any sodium or acidity. Just make absolute certain that your fruit or vegetable additions are just as firm as your veggies, yet sweetly ripened..
- WANTING A QUICK CEVICHE? ● Easy! If you'd like to turn this recipe into a memorable Ceviche, simply add a bit more lime juice to your jalapeño and onion bowl, just enough to coat your raw seafood [i.e., shrimp] and allow it to marinate [or cook in citrus] for at least an hour. Lastly, fold your veggies and shrimp in with all other ingredients. Then, refrigerate for a few hours if possible. Easy peasy folks! ● Remember to serve this Garlic Salsa Fresca with additional hot sauces like Tabasco, lime wedges, cilantro and sliced avocado to the side! Quality, sturdy crackers like Stacy's pair quite well..
- Lastly, this salsa is exponentially better in the following days! Please, share a picture of all your hard work! Enjoy!.