CHICKEN PENNE Salad (pasta). Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Salad with Balsamic VinaigretteMcCormick. In the large bowl with the pasta, toss together all remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, toss until coated, and serve.
Set aside the boiled chicken & shred it. Pasta: tri-color penne or rotini pasta but of course any medium pasta will work. Meat: diced cooked chicken, crumbled bacon… use leftover For the tastiest pasta salad dressing, I create a delicious and easy ranch style dressing. You can cook CHICKEN PENNE Salad (pasta) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of CHICKEN PENNE Salad (pasta)
- It’s 1 lb of Penne (pasta).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 (12 1/2 ounce) of cans of chicken.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of small grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes cut in halves.
- It’s 1 (10 ounce) of can of olives.
- You need 1/2 cup of crisp bacon bits.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole raw almonds.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of Mayonaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon pepper.
Making chicken pasta salad with mayo makes it rich and creamy. Classic pasta salad made with creamy pesto dressing and roasted tomatoes. Cook the pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, dice or shred chicken (however you like it, and remove the skin, if desired) peel and dice onion coarsely, rinse and quarter cherry tomatoes.
CHICKEN PENNE Salad (pasta) instructions
- Cook pasta according to al dente instructions. Pasta should be full bodied. Stir in olive oil..
- Drain juice from canned chicken and add chicken to pasta..
- Add bacon bits and chopped celery..
- Add tomatoes, sliced olives, and almonds to salad..
- Season salad with lemon pepper..
- Stir in mayonaise..
- Store finished salad in a covered container in refrigerator to chill before serving..
This chicken pasta salad gets a burst of flavor from the smoky bacon, along with diced tomatoes, celery, and onion. The lightly seasoned mayonnaise and lemon juice dressing add moisture without covering the flavors of the vegetables and chicken. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. A creamy chicken penne pasta dish with mushrooms, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. I worked at a local sit-down restaurant all throughout my high school and college years.