Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa.
You can have Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa
- You need 2 of cedar planks (purchased in store’s BBQ section).
- You need of Salsa ….
- It’s 12 oz of Salsa, store bought “fresh” (or homemade).
- It’s 1 of mango, peeled, center removed, finely diced.
- You need 4 of peaches, peeled, pitted, finely chopped.
- You need 4 of salmon fillets (8-10 oz. each), remove skin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need Dash of salt, pepper, dried dill, thyme, and tarragon.
- It’s 4 sprigs of rosemary.
- You need 1 of lemon, slices for garnish.
Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa step by step
- Soak the cedar planks in salted warm water for 2 to 4 hours. Weight the planks to submerge..
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa and mango and peach pieces and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for later serving instructions..
- Preheat a charcoal fire in the grill, medium – high heat (or use your gas grill)..
- Remove the salmon fillet skins with a filleting knife. Rinse the fillets under water and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Drip olive oil on each side of fillet, spread it evenly, and season with the spices and herbs. Place rosemary sprigs and lemon slices on top..
- Place the soaked planks on the grill grate and close the lid. Heat until the planks begins to smoke (about 4-5 minutes). Turn the planks over to begin cooking..
- Place the fillets, “previous” skin side down on the planks. Close the lid and cook until the fillets are cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes..
- No need to turn the fillets. Be mindful of planks while grilling for edges burning. Fillets are done when you can flake them with a fork or internal temp is ~130˚..
- Carefully transfer the fillets (using a spatula) directly to a platter. Remove planks from the grill using tongs. [Depending on the plank’s condition, they can be used again if properly cleaned].
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices from the fillets and discard. Spoon the peach – mango salsa over the fillets and garnish the plate with a lemon slice. Serve with white rice and grilled vegetables for a nice plate appearance..