Mike's Mango Pineapple Habenero Salsa.
You can have Mike's Mango Pineapple Habenero Salsa using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's Mango Pineapple Habenero Salsa
- It’s 4 of LG Mangos [cored – reserve 1 – read tips in step #1].
- Prepare 16 oz of Canned Pineapples [with all juices].
- Prepare 5 of LG Habenero Peppers [stems removed – seeds left in].
- It’s 5 of LG Jalapeños [charred on grill – stems removed- seeds left in].
- You need 2 of LG White Onions [charred on grill].
- It’s 1 of EX LG Firm Tomato [or 2 medium – charred on grill].
- It’s 1/2 of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 of EX LG Handful Fresh Cilantro [leaves & stems].
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lime Juice [or more to taste].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt [or more to taste].
- You need of Plastic Gloves.
- Prepare of ● For The Options.
- It’s of Orange Pulp Or Jarred.
- You need of Fresh Or Jarred Peaches.
- Prepare of Mexican Oregano.
Mike's Mango Pineapple Habenero Salsa step by step
- Be very careful when peeling mangos. They are an extremely slippery fruit and a very sharp knife is required to work with them. Just slice all 4 sides [or cheeks as they're known] away from the hard seed core. If the mangos are ripe enough, you can simply spoon the meat out of skins. If they're firm, carefully slice the meat from the skin with your sharp knife. Reserve 1 mango for your salsa finish..
- Place vegetables and fruits on your 500° greased grill. Watch them closely. You're just wanting a char..
- Pull veggies off heat when you start to see blistering or charring. Be careful not to seriously burn anything..
- Wear gloves and chop stems from peppers. Remove seeds and membranes if you want to ease the heat a bit. Add all ingredients except for your reserved mango and pulse in blender until blended with some chunks. Add pineapple juice as well..
- Another option to add. Just be careful not to add too much fluid. Peaches are great as well!.
- Jarred Peaches.
- Blended salsa pictured..
- Lastly, add your remaining mango and rough chop it in your blender on your pulse option. Your guests should be able to see that it's mango. ☺ Refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
- This recipe could easily make eight 8 oz jars of salsa. They also make for great gifts! Garnish jars with thin Habenero slices, fresh Cilantro leaves and lime wedges..
- Enjoy with extra salty, seasoned homemade tortilla chips!.