Chicken liver and apple salad. Remove your chicken livers to a plate and add the apples, onion, salt and pepper to the pan. To serve, divide a bunch of mixed greens and endive leaves between two plates and arrange the chicken livers and apples over that beautiful bed of greens. The Best Chicken Liver Salad Recipes on Yummly
Although chicken livers have a bad reputation as a high cholesterol food, they are an economical source of valuable vitamins and protein. Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add apple slices and cook briefly. Add lemon juice, wine, ground aniseed and sultanas. You can cook Chicken liver and apple salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken liver and apple salad
- You need 500 gr of Chicken liver.
- It’s of Apples 1-2 big.
- You need of Apple jam 2 tb.s.
- It’s of Red wine 3 tb.s.
- You need of Balsamic vinegar 1 tb.s.
- It’s of Flour 1-2 tb.s.
- It’s leaves of Salad.
- It’s of Salt, pepper.
- You need of Extra virgin olive oil.
Apples in this salad can be replaced with solid pears or nectarines. How to cook "Salad with chicken liver and apple". This Crunchy Chicken Salad with Apples is a sweet tart take on classic chicken salad with sweet apples and tart dried cranberries. I made this Chicken and Apple Salad on a total whim today and I'm SO glad I did.
Chicken liver and apple salad instructions
- Soak chicken liver in cols water for 30 minutes. Peel apples and cut into big pieces. Cook apples in the pan on olive oil until golden and take off from heat. Trim livers, season with salt and pepper. Dredge the livers in the flour. Add some more olive oil to the pan and Fry the livers for 5 mins or until golden, turning them halfway through cooking. Take off from heat. Mix apple jam, red wine, balsamic vinegar in the sauce pan. Heat covered 2-3 minutes..
- Spread the salad leaves across plates, and top with the livers, apples Sprinkle with some olive oil and season with pepper and salt. Add dressing..
- Video with my cooking of this salad https://youtu.be/yNYqaE2-S9s?sub_confirmation=1.
It is so delicious that I want to eat it every day for the rest of my life. If you aren't sold on the idea of eating liver just yet, I honestly think that this Warm Chicken Liver and Apple Salad is a very good place to start. Happy memories of childhood and late summer days just make this salad extra special. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho. In a large bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Add chicken, apples and onion; toss to coat.