Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans.
You can cook Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans
- You need 2 of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 3/4 lb. of Golden Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 oz. of Sweet Piquante Peppers.
- You need 2 tbsps of Spicy Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 6 oz. of Green Beans.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Creamy Mustard Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Southern Spice Blend.
- It’s of Southern Spice Blend.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Ground Yellow Mustard.
- It’s of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans instructions
- Fill a medium pot with salted water; cover and heat to boiling on high..
- Wash and dry the fresh produce..
- Medium dice the potatoes..
- Roughly chop the peppers..
- Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic..
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season on both sides with salt, pepper, and up to half the spice blend..
- In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot..
- Add the seasoned chicken. Cook 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through..
- Leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan, transfer to a cutting board. Cover with foil to keep warm..
- While the chicken cooks, add the diced potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook 15 to 17 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork..
- Turn off the heat. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot..
- Add the creamy mustard sauce, chopped peppers, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a pinch of the remaining spice blend (you will have extra). Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine..
- To the pan of reserved fond, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil; heat on medium-high until hot..
- Add the green beans; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the chopped garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until slightly softened..
- Add half the spicy maple syrup (carefully, as the liquid may splatter) and 1 tablespoon of water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the green beans are lightly browned and the liquid has cooked off. Turn off the heat..
- Slice the cooked chicken crosswise..
- Serve the sliced chicken with the cooked green beans and potato salad. Drizzle the chicken with the remaining spicy maple syrup..