Fajita Lime Chicken Salad. Remove from heat and slice the chicken into strips. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, chili, and salt, stirring until evenly mixed. Fast and easy fajita salad loaded with crispy sweet potato fries, grilled chicken, and topped with creamy avocado dressing!
Look no further than your grill for healthy and easy chicken fajitas—throw them over romaine hearts for added crunch. This fajita salad recipe is gluten free and can be healthy with chicken breast or if you want more flavor, cook this fajitas recipe with chicken thigh or leg meat. The cumin lime dressing is wonderfully refreshing and compliments the fajita salad perfectly. You can cook Fajita Lime Chicken Salad using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fajita Lime Chicken Salad
- It’s of Salad.
- It’s 1 of Newman's own light lime dressing (sub any lime dressing, but this one is really good).
- It’s 1 of celery heart (smallest, light green/yellow middle of a celery), sliced do not remove leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1 bunch of red leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- You need 1 bunch of green leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- It’s of Fajita topping.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of yellow sweet onion, cut into strips.
- It’s 1 of anaheim or poblano pepper, cut into strips..
- It’s 3 of assorted bell peppers (red, green and yellow for example), cut into strips.
- You need of Chicken marinade.
- It’s 1 of Serrano or Jalapeno pepper, minced.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into thin strips.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
The dressing is made with a combination of. Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken is juicy on the inside, golden and crisp on the outside, and cooked in the best sauce! Flip the chicken, and cook for another five minutes, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are slightly soft. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, chili, and salt, stirring until evenly mixed.
Fajita Lime Chicken Salad step by step
- Combine everything in Chicken Marinade section in a plastics zip lock bag or bowl and mix thoroughly. Add more oil if needed. Let sit for at least an hour, the longer it sits the more seasonings the chicken will absorb..
- Combine everything in the Salad section in a large bowl and toss so it is thoroughly mixed together..
- Cut up peppers and onions, set aside..
- Put a small amount of oil in a skillet and warm to medium high. Add chicken letting as much seasoning and oil get into the skillet as possible. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- Add onions to skillet and cook until clear and caramelized..
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until soft. Turn the skillet let heat to high and mix chicken in with peppers. Stir every few seconds to blacken bits and pieces of the mixture..
- When little blacked bits of meat and veggies are visible over about 30% of the mixture remove from heat and place over the bed of lettuce..
- Add lime salad dressing to taste. Optional, add avocado or guacamole..
Try this Fajita Chicken Salad from Delish.com for your next summer party! In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and red pepper flakes. This recipe came from Texas, which is famous for its Mexican food. I invite our grown kids over a lot, and they just love this chicken fajita salad. This chicken fajita salad is so simple that it is hard to call it a recipe, but is quick to prepare on a busy night!