Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke). Great recipe for Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke). Nanbanzuke means to marinate fried fish or meat in a sweet and spicy sauce. If the horse mackerels are rather big, it's better to de-bone and fillet them.
Aji (horse mackerel) is in season in Japnan from May to July 🙂 You can substitute it with Mix the marinade and the dried red chili pepper. Then add the vegetables and toss. Prepare either filleted horse mackerel or horse mackerel with the heads and innards removed. You can cook Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke)
- It’s 10 of small horse mackerel (aji).
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1/2 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 50 ml of vineger.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of red chili pepper.
- You need of Flour for dusting fish.
Rinse the horse mackerel and gently wipe off any excess moisture, then cut into bite-sized. Marinated in soy dashi vinaigrette and served chilled, Salmon Nanbanzuke is a delightful seafood fare to enjoy in the summer. The unique preparation allows the salmon to store for days! You can serve it as an appetizer or a main dish.
Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke) step by step
- Remove the head and innards from the horse mackerels, wash with water and drain. If the horse mackerels are rather big, it's better to de-bone and fillet them..
- Season with a little salt and then dust each horse mackerel with flour. Heat 2 cups of oil on medium-high heat. When oil gets hot, add the horse mackerels and fry for about 2-3 minutes. Turn over and fry for another 2-3 minutes until it looks crispy brown! Remove from oil, drain and leave to cool..
- Slice the carrots and green pepper. Put all into a container..
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce to make the marinade..
- Once the fried horse mackerels have cooled, place them on the sliced vegetables. Pour the sauce on top and add the sliced red pepper as well. Keep in a fridge for one night and mix occasionally so that the horse mackerel marinates well..
Just don't forget to chill your favorite sparkling sake or white wine to go. Nanbanzuke or nanban-zuke is a Japanese fish dish. To prepare it, the fish (often Japanese jack mackerel or wakasagi smelt) is fried and then marinated in a mixture of vinegar, carrots, sugar, and chili peppers. This dish is served nanbanzuke style, which is deep fried or roasted fish which is served with a spicy vinegar and soy sauce flavoured marinade. Originally influenced by the spicy cuisine of the western.