Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing. See great recipes for Three Mushroom Salad too! Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing. The flavor profile of this Japanese mushroom soup is simplicity at its best.
They are often used for different hot pot dishes in Japan. If some of the ingredients are not available to you, you could substitute with any vegetables you like such as button mushrooms and onions. Umeboshi is a Japanese salted plum. You can cook Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing
- You need 100 g (3.5 oz) of Enoki mushroom.
- Prepare 1 of Japanese cucumber.
- It’s 1 of Umeboshi.
- You need 3 tbsp of ponzu.
- It’s of Dried bonito flakes (as desired).
Discover what Enoki Mushrooms are, the best ways to cook them, the surprising nutritional benefits and what they can do to supercharge your meals. But when it comes to more exotic varieties, enoki mushrooms are about as unusual as it gets. Rinse mushrooms under cold running tap water to remove any debris. Place mushrooms in bowl, and cover with boiling water.
Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing instructions
- Remove the very bottom (dirt) of enoki mushroom and cut them in half (lengthwise). Boil them until soft. (2-3 mins) and let them cool to room temperature..
- Peel cucumber but not completely so some skin is left on and slice them diagonally..
- Cut sliced cucumber in strips..
- In a small bowl, mash umeboshi and add ponzu. Mix well..
- Add cooled mushrooms and cucumber. Mix well till evenly flavored. Cool in fridge..
- Place a pinch of bonito flakes on top when serving..
- FYI – Ponzu dressing bought at Mitsuwa supermarket, Japanese store in San Jose..
Divide mushrooms among plates, mounding on top of greens. Finish with remaining dressing, and garnish with chives. Korean Enoki Mushroom Pancakes – How to enjoy enoki mushrooms the Korean pancake way. Crispy and delicious homemade vegetable tempura with Japanese sweet potato, Kabocha squash, lotus root, mushrooms, and Shiso. Shiitake mushrooms are traditionally cultivated in both Japan and China, and shiitakes, and both fresh and dried shiitakes are Recipe to Try: Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Cucumber and Shiitake.