Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich. I made these simple yet special cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwiches for a birthday party. Tangy cranberries and crunchy celery pep up the chicken. And this Cranberry Walnut Vegan 'Chicken' Salad is another terrific use of this versatile bean!
Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad – Easy chicken salad filled with tender chicken, dried cranberries, walnuts, apples, celery, dill, and parsley. For a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt in the dressing and serve the chicken salad on lettuce instead of bread. Serve on your favorite bread as a closed or open faced sandwich, or on a bed of leafy greens. You can have Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich
- You need 1 tsp of grill mate chicken seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dales marinade.
- You need 2 cup of diced chicken.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried cranberry.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts (crushed into small pieces).
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2/3 cup of miracle whip (or your choice).
- You need 3 tsp of white cooking wine.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
You may even opt to simply enjoy the salad as is. Change up the walnuts, using pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc. If using sunflower seeds, use half the amount called for. Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Salad Adapted quite loosely from Gourmet.
Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich instructions
- Bring chicken and whatever seasonings you like to boil then immediately put on low, cover and simmer for 20min. I used grill mate, dales and 1 tsp salt for mine..
- Mix in a medium sized bowl the cranberry, walnuts, garlic powder, wine, salt and pepper and lastly miracle whip..
- Add chicken and stir thoroughly, put in fridge and let sit over night. Always better on the second day, lol!.
- I use it for sandwiches at lunch instead of going out to eat. I put it on whole wheat bread with lettuce and a piece of tomato… yum!.
Keyword Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad Sandwich. If you get a chance to whip up your own cranberry walnut chickpea salad sandwich, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram. Stuff chicken salad in hollowed out tomatoes or avocado halves for a fresh take on lunch. Make lettuce wraps, drizzling the salad with Perfect for picnics, ideal at celebrations and just-right for any quick-fix meal, this chicken salad sandwich recipe is a balanced combination of hearty.