Laap Gai aka Minced Chicken Salad. Laab Gai or spicy Thai chicken salad from the kitchen of Baan Klang Nam. This wonderful family operated restaurant is located at the end of Rawai Beach Rd. Below is the recipe for LAAB GAI
Place the cold chicken meat into a large food processor and mince the chicken thighs by pulsing the machine until the meat is ground quite fine. Laab Gai is a Thai minced chicken salad flavored with lime, fish sauce, herbs, and onion. Due to inconsistencies in translation, Laab is often also spelled as Larb, Lahb, Larp, or Laap. You can cook Laap Gai aka Minced Chicken Salad using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Laap Gai aka Minced Chicken Salad
- You need 1 lb of Chicken Breast with Skin.
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- You need 1 bunch of Green Onions.
- It’s 1 stick of Lemongrass.
- You need 3 of Kaffir Leaves.
- You need 10 of as needed Thai Peppers.
- You need 3 of Limes.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Red Chilli Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Roasted Rice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt.
She Simmers does a great job explaining the reasons for the inconsistencies and the basics of Laab Gai. This Larb Gai chicken salad recipe is classic Thai, with mint marrying beautifully with the chicken. Also known as lop gai, lap gai, or laab gai ("larb" rhymes with "saab"), this refreshing salad is made with ground chicken, roasted rice powder, lime juice, fish sauce, and a load of gorgeously fragrant herbs, such as cilantro, mint, scallions, shallots, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves. A traditional Laap recipe – Lao minced meat and herb salad that is perfect with chicken, beef, tofu or veggies.
Laap Gai aka Minced Chicken Salad step by step
- Chop green onions, cilantro, and Thai chillies.
- Thinly slice kaffir leaves and halve limes.
- Preheat wok on medium high heat.
- Remove chicken skin and season with salt.
- Mince chicken breast thoroughly.
- Add minced chicken to preheated wok.
- Cook chicken breast until there is no more pink.
- Drain meat and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Pan fry chicken skin in skillet over medium heat until golden brown.
- Chop chicken skin and add over minced chicken.
- Sprinkle rice powder and crushed red chili pepper over minced chicken and mix.
- Add juiced lime and fish sauce over minced chicken and mix.
- Add green onions, cilantro, lemongrass and Thai peppers and mix.
Bursting with flavors of herbs and spices. Thai/Laos style mince pork salad recipe Larb! Sometimes it spells Larb, Laab, Laap. But only thing that they have common is, they are DELICIOUS! Thai/Laos style mince pork salad recipe Larb!