Easy Salsa Rice.
You can cook Easy Salsa Rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Easy Salsa Rice
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of jasmine rice, rinsed.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each ground coriander, chili powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of salsa (whatever kind).
Easy Salsa Rice step by step
- In a medium (preferably nonstick) pot with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until it starts to soften…3-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about a minute more..
- Increase the heat to high and add the rice, cumin, smoked paprika, coriander and chili powder. Stir the rice around fairly often. Once it starts to look lightly toasted, go ahead and add the broth and let it come to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce the temp to low heat and place the lid on. Let it simmer, undisturbed, for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat off, but keep the lid on another couple of minutes..
- Add the salt, pepper and salsa to the rice. Fluff it with a fork and serve..