Dill Pickle Soup. In Poland and other parts of. I told the husband I was making Dill Pickle Soup for supper today. He grimaced and said, "well at least if it sucks, I'm going out for wings later." That's how much faith he had in me.
For some, it may sound strange. This soup is made from a century-old Swiss recipe. Traditionally it is a winter soup, but we serve it year-round because of the demand.—Nancy Ross, Salem, Oregon More Pickle. You can have Dill Pickle Soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dill Pickle Soup
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped white onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour.
- Prepare 5 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of dill pickle juice ( from the pickle jar).
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried dill weed, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whipping cream or milk.
- It’s 1 of salt and white pepper to taste.
- You need 1 large of dill pickle, cut Julienne.
Amazing Polish Dill Pickle Soup Recipe – A creamy potato soup with tangy pickles speckled throughout. This is pure Polish comfort food! An other dish my Momma made! Very Inexpensive for when times are hard!
Dill Pickle Soup instructions
- in a large soup or stcl pot, over medium heat melt butter.
- add onion and cook until soft..
- add wine and continue to cook until almost all liquid evaporates..
- reduce heat to low and whisk in flour ( do not let it brown) until it os combined..
- add water and pickle juice, whisking or stirrring into the flour mixture..
- bring just to a slow boil, stirring constantly, until soup slightly thickens..
- add dill weed..
- stir in cream, season with salt n white pepper..
- remove from heat..
- serve in bowl and garnish with Julienne dill pickles.
I first heard about Dill Pickle Soup here on my friend Cathy's amazingly delicious blog, The Noble Pig. And she told me that my aunt used to rave about a Dill Pickle Soup that her husband's mother. Whisk together flour with milk to create a slurry. Stir in cheese, pickles and pickle juice. See more ideas about Pickle soup, Dill pickle soup, Dill pickle.