Pickle-Brined Chicken. Pickle Brine Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These juicy, flavorful chicken tenders are marinated in pickle juice then breaded and baked in the oven or air fryer! Pickle Brined Baked Chicken Tenders are a juicy and flavorful chicken dish – similar to Chick-fil-A chicken recipe; includes air fryer and oven instructions.
This pickle-brined fried chicken harnesses the makes-your-eyes-squinty-when-you-eat-it sourness of pickle juice as a brine for fried chicken. Rest assured, the resulting fried chicken isn't crazy pickle-y. Pickle juice and buttermilk lend this fried chicken zippy tang while ensuring moist, tender meat. You can cook Pickle-Brined Chicken using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Pickle-Brined Chicken
- You need 64 oz of Jar pickles.
- It’s 6 of Bone in chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Merlot wine.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dry Dill weed.
Pickle Juice and Buttermilk Brined Fried Chicken. The pickle brine helps tenderize and flavor the chicken in a wonderful way. You'd think however, that the chicken would taste like a huge pickle. Pickle-brining chicken was something I used to do in restaurants I worked in, it makes the meat super moist and perfectly seasoned with a hint of dill-pickly yumminess.
Pickle-Brined Chicken step by step
- Drain pickles, reserving brine. Store, covered, in fridge up to two weeks. Place chicken in jar of brine. Cover and chill in fridge 8-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475?F. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by lining with foil and spray with cooking spray. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine..
- In bowl, combine flour and pepper. Heat oil in large fry pan to medium high. Coat chicken in flour and place skin side down in hot oil. Fry 8 minutes to sear..
- Place in prepared pan, skin side up. Bake for 15 minutes. Loosely tent with foil and rest 5 minutes after removing from oven..
- Drain all but 1 tbsp oil from pan and add wine. Boil over medium-high heat for two minutes, loosening brown bits from pan with wooden spoon. Add broth, and bring to boil. cook down about 2 minutes..
- Add butter, stirring till melted. Remove from heat and stir in dill weed. Pour sauce over chicken and serve..
- Recipe tweaked from a magazine. Not sure if it was Good Housekeeping or Family Circle.
Place chicken and pickle brine in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag and refrigerate overnight. Mix flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets. by: Jess Pryles. To make the brine, combine the pickle juice and brown sugar in a bowl, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Pickle-Brined Chicken Tenders have a burst of flavor from pickle juice and are so juicy and tender.