Sweet Cauliflower Pickle. How to make your own sweet pickled cauliflower, better than the sweet pickle Sweet Pickled Cauliflower for #SundaySupper. No refined sugars in this healthy delicious sweet & tangy side dish! ♥Certifiably Organic♥ Colorful Canary, Healthy Living Recipes, Reviews & DIY's. Sweet Pickled CauliflowerBecause I Like Chocolate.
Easy recipe for Pickled Cauliflower with the added bonus of pickling red bell peppers and carrots too. Photographs and a how-to video included. Chopped red pepper adds pops of color to this sweet pickled cauliflower. You can have Sweet Cauliflower Pickle using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Sweet Cauliflower Pickle
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower.
- You need 2 large of onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard mild english or dijon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 4 cup of good quality white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
Wash the cauliflower and pat dry, spread the cauliflower over the towel for at least an hour to air dry, ensuring the cauliflower don't have any excess water. Mix all the ingredients together with the. Pickled cauliflower can be enjoyed on its own as a healthy snack or served alongside a variety of meats and main dishes. The simplest way to make it is by letting the.
Sweet Cauliflower Pickle step by step
- cut onions and large cauliflower head into very small pieces and put in a lge non metallic bowl cover veg with water and add salt let sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse vegetables and set aside. While your sauce is simmering blanch cauliflower by steaming or boiling for 3 minutes then drain.
- in bottom of large heavy saucepan put mustard, tumeric, flour, honey, and sugar with one cup of the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste. Add the rest of the vinegar and boil gently for 20 to 30 minutes till nicely thickened like smooth gravy.
- Add vegetables and simmer for another 10 minutes, less if you want a crisper pickle. bottle immediately while hot in sterilized jars..
- Serve on sandwiches or with cold meat and cheese platters and some red wine.
- if you like a sweeter pickle add another half cup of sugar or honey. If you want a clear pickle omit the mustard. You can substitute any firm vegetables if desired such as carrots cucumber beans celery etc.
- For a faster result use a food processor to dice veg. then soak vegetables for two hours in extra salted water instead of overnight.
- makes about 8 to 10 small jars.
Cauliflower Pickle Recipe, Phulgopi Pattagobi Achar, How To Make Cauliflower Pickle Recipe. Cauliflower Pickle is a delicious pickle from Punjab, made with mustard oil and vinegar. PIckled cauliflower is a great thing to have on hand during the holiday barrage of sweets and treats. Its tart crunch will help you keep your taste buds balanced and happy. These pickles flavored with turmeric, cumin, chiles, and black mustard seeds Inspired by Eugenia Bone's recipe for cauliflower pickle, we added turmeric, cumin, chiles, and black.