Mom's chicken salad. Learn how to prepare this easy Mom's Chicken Salad recipe like a pro. Savory chicken salad gets a sweet kick from a generous dose of pickle relish in this Southern recipe. It was the brainchild of the founder of The timeless classic chicken salad recipe was a staple from that decade and the Ladies Who Lunched.
Put together chicken, celery, grapes, pecans, olives and lemon juice. Mom's Chicken Salad Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. Mom's Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Mom's chicken salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mom's chicken salad
- It’s 6 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped bread and butter pickles.
- You need 1 of chopped small onion.
- You need 4 of chopped celery ribs.
- It’s 2 cups of kraft mayo.
- You need 1 cup of miracle whip.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
This healthy chicken salad recipe combines chicken, apple, grapes, celery, walnuts The only chicken salad I've ever tasted that I liked more was the family recipe that my friend Whitney makes. Use leftover chicken to make delicious chicken salad recipes from My Food and Family! Some chicken salad recipes are served cold, some are served hot like chicken stir-fry—but all are tasty! Indonesian Chicken Salad: This salad packs a wallop of flavor, with an easy Asian spicy peanut dressing, tender chicken and crunchy veggies.
Mom's chicken salad step by step
- Boil the chicken until done.. cool completely and clean all fat etc off.. chop and shred.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill..
- If it soaks up the mayo alot.. which breasts tend to do. Add more mayo and miracle whip.. I like mine a bit dry…
- This recipe makes a good bit.. great for celebrations and parties…
- I serve with fresh crusty rolls or bread. it is also great with a variety of crackers..
- Side note.. if the breasts are small use 8 instead of 6.. fyi. I used 8 and an entire jar of mayo and 2 cups of miracle whip…
While there, I helped my mom whip up some chicken salad for lunch. We used canned chicken because it was quick and convenient. A vacation is suppose to be a vacation, we didn't want to spend. It began with the divorce that challenged Brown to earn a living while maintaining her role as a stay-at-home mom for three children under the age of six. Mom invented this colorful salad by combining romaine lettuce with toasted pecans, chicken strips, grapes, dried cranberries and cheddar cheese.