Spicy Dill Refrigerator Pickles.
You can cook Spicy Dill Refrigerator Pickles using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Spicy Dill Refrigerator Pickles
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pickling salt.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 4 of sprigs of fresh dill.
- It’s 1 tsp of whole black peppercorns.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper flakes.
- Prepare 5 of fresh pickling cucumbers cut into spears or halves.
Spicy Dill Refrigerator Pickles instructions
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil water, vinegar, and salt to make your brine..
- Place garlic, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, dill, and cucumbers in a clean quart size canning jar. (I run my jars through the dishwasher to help sterilize them.) You should have enough cucumbers to fill the jar without big spaces..
- Pour boiling vinegar mixture into jar, filling to 1/4 inch from the top..
- Remove air bubbles from jar by gently sliding a butter knife around the edge to release any air trapped inside. Put the lid on. Screw on ring and let cool on counter. The lids should "suck down" as they cool..
- No canning necessary. Just put the jar in the fridge and the pickles will be ready in about 7-10 days..