Bread and butter pickles II. "These are the best bread and butter pickles I have ever had!! And I have been looking for a long time. I would definitely rinse the cucumbers well after sitting in the salt, as they were awfully salty.
Last as long as regular pickles. Bread & Butter Pickles Bread N Butter Maid Rite Sandwiches Cucumber Recipes Juice Recipes Aromatherapy Recipes Backyard Farming Canning Recipes Clean Eating Recipes. Best bread & butter pickles since I've made my own! You can cook Bread and butter pickles II using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread and butter pickles II
- Prepare 12 medium of pickling cucumbers.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tbsp of mustard seed.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 cup of coconut vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seed.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, unfiltered.
The Amish make the best of EVERYTHING in my opinion. Wish they would sell other things online! If you like bread and butter pickles, these will not disappoint. Amish Buggy always has top-rate products.
Bread and butter pickles II instructions
- Boil the liquids, except apple cider vinegar..
- Slice the cucumbers.
- Add to a sterilized jar, I used 46 ounce jar, sugar, bay leaf, turmeric, salt, mustard seed, and sliced cucumbers..
- Pour hot vinegar solution over the cucumber chips. Top off with apple cider vinegar..
- Put lid on jar. As it cools it will cause a suction and it will seal..
- Let sit 2 weeks refrigerate after opening. Last as long as regular pickles..
Making Homemade Natural Bread and Butter Pickles Using the "Fresh-Pack, natural, homemade mix" method. Click here for a PDF print version. Making and canning your own bread-and-butter pickles the old-fashioned way, with all natural ingredients has never been easier!! This was my husband's grandmother's recipe. Store-bought pickles don't even come close.