In a Pickle. in a pickle Meaning to be in a difficult situation to have a problem where there is no immediate answer or solution to be in an unpleasant situation. When you've done something very stupid or very bad that will bring the worst consequences ever upon you, you are in a pickle. The 'in trouble' meaning of 'in a pickle' was an allusion to being as disoriented and mixed up as the The earliest known use of pickle in English contains such an citation.
Definition: In a little bit of trouble. This idiom is said of a person in a difficult By this description, in a pickle could mean in trouble because one was dead. In a pickle means in a difficult situation or in a quandary. You can cook In a Pickle using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of In a Pickle
- Prepare of pickle part.
- It’s 1 cup of kosher pickle juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of chicken thighs, boneless skinless.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of onion peppers.
- Prepare 1 large of onion. sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sliced okra.
- It’s of batter.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed pecans.
- You need 1 tbsp of parsley.
The origin of the phrase in a pickle seems to stem from two different places. First, there is the sixteenth century Dutch phrase in de pekel zitten. Definition of pickle in the Idioms Dictionary. pickle phrase. Boy, am I in a pickle—I accidentally made plans with two different men tonight!
In a Pickle step by step
- Marinate the chicken thighs in pickle juice overnight.
- Preheat oven 425° Fahrenheit.
- Take chicken out of pickle juice, salt and discard the juice..
- Mix the baking powder, egg, parmesan cheese, parsley, and pecans. In a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken into batter coat well put on an oven safe pan bake 30 minutes..
- In a pan melt butter add, okra, onions, peppers, salt, and ground black pepper. Sauté till onions and peppers are tender.
- Serve the together hope you enjoy!.
I have been in such a pickle since I. saw you last that, I fear me, will never out of. my bones: I shall not fear fly-blowing. In a Pickle is a card and word game for two to six players. To start the game, each player is dealt five cards, and four cards are placed face up in the shape of a "plus" sign in the center of the table. Synonyms for in a pickle at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Find descriptive alternatives for in a pickle.