Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad. Great recipe for Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad. This chicken salad is full of veggies and packs a nice citrusy ginger flavor. It uses Greek yogurt in lieu of mayonnaise, making it a healthier lunch or dinner choice.
Cover and chill at least two hours before serving. The lemon ginger chicken requires a bit of time for marinating, so plan to do that step before you Grilled vegetables are a delicious and healthy choice to accompany lemon ginger chicken breasts. These chicken breasts are perfect as an entree or you can slice them to include in a green salad or. You can have Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad
- You need of Crock Pot.
- Prepare 6 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon pepper seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of whole mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of tarragon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried lemon peel.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth or stock.
- It’s of Salad mix.
- It’s 1 (32 oz) of tub of 2% Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of celery hearts, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded carrot.
- Prepare 3/4 of of a red onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of reduced sugar craisins.
- You need 2 of green bell peppers, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 cup of lemon vinaigrette (I used the T. Marzetti simply dressed brand, though homemade would work as well).
- It’s 2 cups of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
Add in chicken, grapes and celery and toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with toasted almonds just before… Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad. Applesauce Gingerbread With Lemon Ginger Sauce. Traditional chicken noodle soup is refreshed with lemon juice, ginger and herbs for flavor the whole family will enjoy.
Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad step by step
- Combine crock pot ingredients and cook on low until chicken shreds easily. Shred the chicken in the crock pot, remove bay leaves, then take off of heat and let cool down some while remaining covered. Preserve some of the crock pot liquid in shredded chicken to prevent salad from coming out dry (leave like half a cup’s worth in the shredded chicken). Take cooled, shredded chicken in crock pot and store in fridge for an hour for additional cooling..
- Combine salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until vegetables are thoroughly coated. Combine salad mix into the crock pot with the chicken and stir until completely mixed. Put finished salad into refrigerator and chill..
- Serve by itself or use it for sandwiches. Recipe can be halved for smaller portions..
Adding ginger and lemon to chicken noodle soup adds a tasty flare and are natural expectorants. Was very surprised at how yummy it was. Leftover Lemon-Ginger Chicken makes an excellent cold Asian salad. Slice the chicken and serve it over mixed greens; make a dressing using rice vinegar, soy sauce, minced green onions, sesame oil and a pinch of sugar. Sprinkle toasted sesame seed over the salad.