Fried Pickles. Today we're making homemade fried pickles! These are crisp breaded dill pickle slices made with no deep fryer required. I've also included a simple zesty dipping sauce in the recipe!
Add half of the pickles to the batter and toss to coat. Fried pickles are the ultimate game day snack and truly one of our all time favorite snacks!! I tried deep fried pickles for the first time at a restaurant while travelling and I've been hooked ever since. You can have Fried Pickles using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fried Pickles
- It’s 1 jar of Dill pickles.
- You need 3/4 cup of panko crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 of corn meal.
- Prepare of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 inch of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 3/4 of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Fried pickles- love'em, hate'em or meh???? From my polling, it seems most people are "meh". Whoopty doo, what's the big deal. It sounded dumb, to be honest.
Fried Pickles step by step
- Drain and set dill pickles to dry on paper towels.
- Set oil to heat until it reaches 350 degrees..
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Once coated, slowly and careful put into the oil and wait a couple of minutes until they look golden brown before pulling them out of the oil..
- Place on paper towels and dry off excess oil. Enjoy with the sauce recipe for the fried pickles I have if you’d like :).
- Place buttermilk on another bowl and dip each dill pickle into buttermilk before coating it in the dry ingredients..
Dredge pickle chips first in egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. Working in batches, place in a single layer in air fryer basket. Sure, fried pickles are good but why all the sudden interest? Well, apparently a popular TV show "Eating fried pickles was a life-changing experience," said "Jersey Shore" cast member Snooki upon. These tasty fried appetizers are a Southern favorite—and so easy to make!