Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke).
You can cook Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke)
- You need 10 of small horse mackerel (aji).
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1/2 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- You need 50 ml of vineger.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of red chili pepper.
- It’s of Flour for dusting fish.
Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke Marinade (Aji Nanbanzuke) step by step
- Remove the head and innards from the horse mackerels, wash with water and drain. If the horse mackerels are rather big, it's better to de-bone and fillet them..
- Season with a little salt and then dust each horse mackerel with flour. Heat 2 cups of oil on medium-high heat. When oil gets hot, add the horse mackerels and fry for about 2-3 minutes. Turn over and fry for another 2-3 minutes until it looks crispy brown! Remove from oil, drain and leave to cool..
- Slice the carrots and green pepper. Put all into a container..
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce to make the marinade..
- Once the fried horse mackerels have cooled, place them on the sliced vegetables. Pour the sauce on top and add the sliced red pepper as well. Keep in a fridge for one night and mix occasionally so that the horse mackerel marinates well..