Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing. Great recipe for Enoki Mushrooms and Natto with Umeboshi. I was bored with just eating natto on its own. The Chicken Avocado Cucumber Nori Roll requires simple and keto-friendly ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen.
Staple Japanese ingredients such as soy sauce and sake primarily season this soup, but it is the flavors of the enoki mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms which give the soup its depth of flavor and richness. Umeboshi is a Japanese salted plum. Enoki mushrooms Long and thin white mushrooms that have a mild flavor. You can have Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing
- Prepare 100 g (3.5 oz) of Enoki mushroom.
- You need 1 of Japanese cucumber.
- You need 1 of Umeboshi.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ponzu.
- It’s of Dried bonito flakes (as desired).
They are often used for different hot pot dishes in Japan. If some of the ingredients are not available to you, you could substitute with any vegetables you like such as button mushrooms and onions. Rinse mushrooms under cold running tap water to remove any debris. Place mushrooms in bowl, and cover with boiling water.
Enoki mushrooms and cucumber with umeboshi flavored ponzu dressing instructions
- Remove the very bottom (dirt) of enoki mushroom and cut them in half (lengthwise). Boil them until soft. (2-3 mins) and let them cool to room temperature..
- Peel cucumber but not completely so some skin is left on and slice them diagonally..
- Cut sliced cucumber in strips..
- In a small bowl, mash umeboshi and add ponzu. Mix well..
- Add cooled mushrooms and cucumber. Mix well till evenly flavored. Cool in fridge..
- Place a pinch of bonito flakes on top when serving..
- FYI – Ponzu dressing bought at Mitsuwa supermarket, Japanese store in San Jose..
Combine oil, soy sauce, ponzu sauice and garlic in medium bowl, and whisk together. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Discover what Enoki Mushrooms are, the best ways to cook them, the surprising nutritional benefits and what they can do to supercharge your meals. But when it comes to more exotic varieties, enoki mushrooms are about as unusual as it gets. Although quite common in Asian cuisine, most American.