Banana Bread with dry fruits. I usually make banana bread with baking powder, but this time I wanted to try making it with a bread starter. I used these dried fruits from Mama Pan. But banana bread, like many quick breads, gets even better when you add in an extra ingredient to give it some more flavor and texture.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears. Looking for the ultimate sourdough banana bread? You can have Banana Bread with dry fruits using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Banana Bread with dry fruits
- You need 3-4 of ripe banana.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or less.
- Prepare 4 of dry apricot/ chopped.
- Prepare 4 of dry figs/ chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of macadamia/ chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry cranberries.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
Sourdough Banana Bread Recipe: Step by Step. Ok, so you know the drill: measure out everything before you begin. I added some homemade muesli to it – a mixture of pecan nuts, dried fruits and oats. This Banana Bread Energy Bar recipe with dried dates tastes just like the store-bought version, but better!
Banana Bread with dry fruits instructions
- Mash bananas, add 2 lemon juice set aside.
- Flour and baking soda,buttermilk and salt in a medium bowl- set aside.
- Set oven to 275 F. Mix sugar egg and melted butter smoothly.
- Mix flour,with egg mixture.
- Add mashed bananas into the bowl.
- Add nuts, cranberries, apricots and figs.
- Spray baking dish with oil, pour batter.
- Cook 1 hour or over until tooth pick comes clean when you inserted into cakes.
- If you want serve with glaze (recipe is available in my pumpkin carrot cake recipe).
Then I remembered that Trader Joe's is like a mecca for all dried fruits. If you're familiar with TJ's, you know what I mean. Banana bread is the perfect way to use up overripe bananas but many versions resemble a dessert recipe Dry to Wet Ingredient Ratio – I always recommend weighing ingredients rather than measuring with cups. Sweetened only with fruit and made with wholemeal flour, this. Banana bread is an all-time favorite and I often make this quick bread with overripe bananas.