Dill Pickle SOUP. In Poland and other parts of. I told the husband I was making Dill Pickle Soup for supper today. He grimaced and said, "well at least if it sucks, I'm going out for wings later." That's how much faith he had in me.
For some, it may sound strange. This soup is made from a century-old Swiss recipe. Traditionally it is a winter soup, but we serve it year-round because of the demand.—Nancy Ross, Salem, Oregon More Pickle. You can have Dill Pickle SOUP using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dill Pickle SOUP
- Prepare 48 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 jars of pickles.
- Prepare 2-3 of potatoes (diced or grated).
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
Amazing Polish Dill Pickle Soup Recipe – A creamy potato soup with tangy pickles speckled throughout. This is pure Polish comfort food! An other dish my Momma made! Very Inexpensive for when times are hard!
Dill Pickle SOUP step by step
- Add chicken broth, butter, and potatoes to a large pot and boil for about 10 minutes..
- While it’s boiling, mix together sour cream, flour, and half cup of pickle juice in a large bowl. Make sure it’s runny and not thick or it will make flour balls..
- Add 1.5 cups of chopped pickles to the pot and then add the flour mixture while stirring. Keep lightly boiling for another ten minutes..
- Add two cups of pickle juice (pretty much what’s left of the two jars) and some cracked pepper to the pot. Add cayenne pepper if you want it spicy..
- Let cool and top with fresh chopped pickles..
I first heard about Dill Pickle Soup here on my friend Cathy's amazingly delicious blog, The Noble Pig. And she told me that my aunt used to rave about a Dill Pickle Soup that her husband's mother. Whisk together flour with milk to create a slurry. Stir in cheese, pickles and pickle juice. See more ideas about Pickle soup, Dill pickle soup, Dill pickle.