Cheesy Tot Casserole. I created this recipe over time in homage to the original from Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, TX. Some things to note: Ore-Ida tater tots have lots of salt and seasoning; typically off-brand do not. This is how I Cook Tater Tot Casserole.
Made with ground beef, tater tots, cheese, corn, and sour cream, it's comfort food at its finest! This tater tot casserole is made with tater tots, cheese, ground beef, golden mushroom soup, frozen Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Sliced hot dogs, chili, tater tots, and cheddar cheese combine to make an easy and delicious meal. You can have Cheesy Tot Casserole using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Tot Casserole
- Prepare 1 packages of Ground Turkey.
- You need 1/2 packages of Tater Tots (The big bag).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Shredded cheese (we used Mexican blend).
- It’s 1 can of Pillsbury biscuits.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Onion powder.
I use canned chili for this Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole but you could use homemade. You already love the classic tater tot casserole. And now it gets even easier, with our slow cooker version! Easy, cheesy and full of meatballs and tater tots.
Cheesy Tot Casserole instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350, and spray the 9×12 baking pan.
- Season and brown ground turkey meat.
- Gently roll out the biscuits a bit, until they completely cover the bottom of a 9×12 baking dish.
- Add a layer of cheese and tater tots.
- Once meat is browned, add that in..
- Add final layer of tater tots and cheese to the top.
- Place into oven, for 25 to 30 minutes or until everything is warmed through, cheese is melted and biscuits are cooked.
Ingredients like rice, pasta, and beans make for great casserole bases – they are inexpensive, come in a variety of sizes and flavors, and can stretch meat. Cheesy Garlic Tater Tot CasseroleThis is Not Diet Food. Healthy Tater Tot Casserole with VeggiesIts A Veg World After All. Cheesy chicken casserole with Tater Tot topping will warm your winter. Cheesy Sausage, Spinach, and Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole.