Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole. Sausage Gravy Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole is a cross between biscuits and gravy and tater tot casserole involving only the VIPS from each team, ie sausage gravy and, well, tater tots. Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole After going through a financial downfall, I needed some help from friends getting back on my feet. Since they had a love for biscuits and gravy, I kind of made my own take on it with hash browns instead.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Gently pour over the tots and sausage. Garnish with a little chopped green onion, if desired. You can have Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole
- It’s 2 lb of mild pork sausage.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 packages of frozen tater tots.
- You need 16 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 dash of black pepper, to taste..
If using links cut them up into bite size pieces. Put tater tots evenly on the top of the crescent rolls. Sprinkle sausage over top of tater tots. Pour sausage gravy over the top.
Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole step by step
- In medium dutch oven pot, brown sausage until no longer pink..
- Once sausage is browned, do not drain grease. Add flour to create a thick roux..
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Then add water, continuing to stir..
- Season with black pepper..
- Let come to a slow boil, and gravy will begin to thicken. Do not let it burn..
- Once thick, remove from heat. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, ladle all of the gravy into bottom of dish. Layer in a single layer the frozen tots on top of the gravy. Top with cheese..
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and tots are crispy. Serve and enjoy!.
Mix until well blended with a spoon. If you like your cheese cooked well (I do), add the shredded cheese to the top of the casserole ingredients. In a separate container, gradually whisk the gravy mix into the water. Then beat the eggs into the gravy. Pour the gravy and egg mixture over the top.