Cheesy Chicken Tot Casserole. One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole – it's cheesy, it's comforting and it's made in one pot. This cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is the EASIEST meal you'll make all week and is sure to become a new family favorite! Casseroles are the perfect weeknight meal and we just happen to LOVE them around here.
Cheesy Chicken Casserole is the perfect easy casserole when you're short on time (or ingredients)! Pasta is tossed with chicken, peppers, onions, and mixed into shortcut cheesy sauce. Finally, this chicken casserole recipe is topped with even more cheese. You can cook Cheesy Chicken Tot Casserole using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Chicken Tot Casserole
- You need of Chicken (either 3 thigh/leg pieces or 4 boneless skinless breasts).
- You need of Tater tots (enough to cover the bottom of a 9×12 pan.
- It’s 1 jar of Cheese dip.
- Prepare 7 of bacon strips (or bacon bits).
- You need 1/2 cup of ranch seasoning.
- You need 4 cups of cheese.
- It’s 1/2 can of fried onions.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
This Cheesy Chicken Casserole is high in fat and protein and will go very well with a low carb salad. This dish is tasty, cheesy and Casseroles are also the perfect dish to give as a gift. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup Monterey. Shredded chicken is incorporated into cheddar-y scalloped potatoes.
Cheesy Chicken Tot Casserole step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. Casserole will be done in 20 minutes at this temperature..
- Boil or fry the chicken until almost done. Then shred or chop into chunks..
- Grease your 9×12 pan and line the tater tots on it..
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the tater tots.
- Mix the chicken and cheese dip then spread evenly over the cheese and tater tots..
- Cook bacon until crispy, then crumble over the cheesy chicken mixture..
- Add another layer of cheese, then a layer of fried onions..
- Add final layer of cheese, and place into pre-heated oven..
- Once cooked, plate up portions, and top with sour cream..
My whole family loved this casserole! I used Betty Crocker's AuGratin Potatoes mix in a box and it turned out great!! I also added the bread crumbs. Layer the chicken pieces over the cheese. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.