Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish. Great recipe for Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish. An easy, cheesy, chicken and bacon casserole easily modified. Feel free to try different soups such as cream of chicken, corn chowder, or even use a chicken broth with a roux for a more "pot pie" taste.
Cheese and bacon don't usually come "light." But this tasty recipe keeps the fat and calories low and flavor high. After trying a similar chicken dish in a restaurant, I decided to re-create it at home. Topped with bacon, caramelized onions and shredded cheese, this savory. You can have Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish
- It’s 2 cups of chicken.
- Prepare of Bacon as preferred.
- It’s 1 cup of onion.
- You need 1-3 cups of mixed vegetables as preferred.
- You need 2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 cup of milk or as needed.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar.
- You need 1 lb of tater tots.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Sage.
If you have the chicken and bacon pre-cooked, and ranch dressing pre-made, then the prep time for Transfer your easy casserole mixture to a baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. And, chicken bacon ranch casserole totally fits the bill. It's simple, uses common ingredients, and maybe. This ultra creamy chicken casserole is made with cheese sauce, pasta, chicken, broccoli and bacon.
Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish step by step
- Prepare and cut all products. Cube chicken into bite sized pieces. Dice onions..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Cook bacon until slightly crispy. Place aside. Keep oil in pan..
- Fry onions in bacon grease about 5 minutes. Add butter for a richer flavor if desired. Feel free to caramelize if desired, about 15 minutes. Carefully strain onions from pan, keeping as much grease as possible..
- Fry chicken in bacon/onion grease. Season as desired with salt, pepper, and sage..
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables, onion, yogurt, bacon, chicken, and condensed soup. Add milk slowly until very creamy. Add cheese..
- Place mixture into ceramic or glass dish. I used four personal sized ceramic dishes. One large dish is fine but will need 5-10 extra minutes in oven..
- Cover mixture evenly with tater tots..
- Bake 40 minutes or until crispy on top..
Cheesy Bacon Chicken Dip is an amazing combo of shredded chicken, bacon, cheese, all in a creamy ranch base that will have you addicted in no time flat. The cheesy smoothness mixed with ranch and bacon combination makes this dish so different from the average dip recipe. Chicken and bacon are a match made in heaven. The classic combination of chicken and bacon works in pies, risotto, stews, salads and bakes like our popular mustard-stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon. Perk up your chicken with this cheesy recipe, perfect for livening up a freezer favourite.