Mike's Hot Giardiniera.
You can have Mike's Hot Giardiniera using 37 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's Hot Giardiniera
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables [all peepers & onions to be jullianned].
- Prepare 2 of EX LG Firm Cucumbers [peeled].
- Prepare 3 of English Cucumbers [unpeeled].
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Viadalia Onion.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Red Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Green Onions.
- You need 8 Cloves of Garlic [smashed & minced].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chopped Celery Stalks.
- You need 1 Cup of Baby Carrots [optional].
- You need 1 of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Prepare 4 of LG Red Sweet Baby Bell Peppers [deseeded].
- It’s 4 of LG Orange Sweet Baby Bell Peppers [deseeded].
- You need 4 of LG Yellow Sweet Baby Bell Peppers [deseeded].
- You need 3 of EX LG Jalapeno Peppers [deseeded].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Cauliflower Florets.
- It’s of ● For The Mason Jar Seasoning [to taste – good dashes of each].
- It’s of Whole Peppercorns.
- You need of Crushed Leaves Bay.
- It’s of Habenero Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Oregano.
- Prepare of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Fine Minced Fresh Garlic.
- You need of ● For The Boiled Brine.
- You need 2.5 Cups of White Vinager.
- Prepare 8 Cups of Filtered Water.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Course Sea Salt [more if desired].
- It’s of ● For The Options.
- It’s of Green Olives.
- You need of Thin Sliced Cabbage.
- You need of ● For The Equipment.
- Prepare 12 of Sterilized Half Pint Mason Or Kerr Jars.
- Prepare 1 Squeeze of Bottle White Vinager [to serve on the side].
Mike's Hot Giardiniera instructions
- Chop all vegetables..
- Add your seasonings to the base of your Mason jars to taste..
- Add your vegetables into your jars..
- Create and boil your brine..
- Fill your jars just shy of the tops with your hot brine. Cap tightly and shake vigorously..
- Turn your hot jars upside down. Leave them until they cool down. This will help the lids seal.Shake them up occasionally..
- .Refrigerate for 2 days or longer. It only gets better with time. Again, shaking jars or flipping them over occasionally. Serve with a side of additional vinager. Enjoy!.