Taco tater tot casserole. Tater tots, Mexican food, and cheese! This is one of those meals that you can throw together with ingredients you would normally have on hand. Tater Tot Taco Casserole is going to be your new favorite way to enjoy taco night!
Tater Taco Casserole. "Our family lives and works on a ranch," remarks Ronna Lewis from Plains "I like to fix this nicely seasoned casserole ahead of time and freeze it for later use. It's good with a Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer over the top. This Tater Taco Casserole is a dish that the whole family will love. You can cook Taco tater tot casserole using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taco tater tot casserole
- You need 2 lb of ground chicken or ground beef.
- It’s 1 jar of Ragu double cheddar sauce.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- You need 2 of packs of powdered taco sauce.
- It’s 1 packages of tater tots.
I've made quite a few failed dinner attempts lately so redemption was in order. Everyone loves tater tots and everyone loves Mexican food so why not combine the two! Start by browning some beef, onion, and garlic. I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can be found in my pantry.
Taco tater tot casserole step by step
- Brown your meat in a skillet. Drain the grease out..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add the meat back to the skillet and add taco sauce and a little bit of water and let it cook through..
- Turn the stove off and add the can of cream of chicken. Mix well..
- Add the meat to a baking dish. Layer it over the bottom of the pan. Add the can of corn and layer it. Then add the ragu sauce and spread it evenly..
- Next add the tater tots along the top covering the pan..
- Put the pan in the oven until tater tots are brown approximately a half hour to 40 minutes and enjoy..
I frequently have ground beef and tater tots in the freezer so this meal is one I can pull together quickly and easily. You may have a Tater Tot Casserole before and chances are. This delicious taco-inspired tater tot casserole recipe is chock-full of black beans, corn, ground beef and a whole lot of flavor. Oh, did I mention it's Even better than that my Mexican tater tot casserole recipe is super quick to make. It's really perfect for those over-scheduled weeknights or weekends.