Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish. Whether or not you grew up in the Midwest, this classic tater tot hotdish (otherwise known as a casserole to you non-Midwesterners) is a dinnertime favorite, no matter where you're from. Tater Tot Casserole is a staple, kid friendly recipe in my kitchen. This easy hotdish recipe is the best because it is loaded with ground beef, corn, cheese and crispy tater tots.
Keep the cream of mushroom soup, but change the veggies to just corn (or you can leave Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Hotdish: Replace the beef with shredded chicken and the soup with cheddar cheese soup. A traditional hotdish is made of ground beef mixed with frozen veggies, usually corn and green beens. Use whatever frozen or leftover veggies you have Most hotdishes won't require cooking your tater tots first, but of you want some extra crispy tots on top (who doesn't!?), then we recommend baking. You can have Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish
- It’s 2 lb of hamburger.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 2 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 stick of celery – diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of small bag of tator tots.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Tater Tot Hotdish is a quick, no-fuss crowd-pleaser. This tasty family-friendly recipe that layers ground beef, mixed veggies and tater tots in a rich and cheesy sauce. Prepping is a breeze, and you can cut your work down to almost nothing if you use frozen mixed vegetables. I whipped up this Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Tator Tot Hotdish for the first time this summer for the guys in the field.
Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cook hamburger and onions until browned. Drain..
- Add celery, soup, milk, 1 cup of the cheese. Add some salt and pepper. Mix well..
- Pour mixture into large rectangle baking dish..
- Layers the top with tator tots..
- Sprinkle chili powder on top of the tots. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes, or until tots are golden brown and mixture is bubbling..
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the tots and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes or so..
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Dish up and enjoy!.
It was a great meal idea that had One important step to take when making any tater tot hotdish recipe is to broil the casserole at the end of the baking time. This ensures the potatoes are at. This homemade tater tot hotdish recipe will bring your hotdish game to a whole other level. Using from scratch components, we are not making this Cheesy Hamburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe Tater Tot Hotdish: Easy Dinner Idea. This cheesy hamburger tater tot casserole is the definition of.