Zen's Fresh Tater Tot Hot Dish. Tater Tot Hot Dish Video Recipe for your viewing pleasure. This Tater Tot Recipe with Cheese and Vegetables is a big hit in our house. Assemble the casserole as you normally would up to the point of baking.
Cooking Channel serves up this Hotdish (Tater Tot Casserole) recipe plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com. Hotdish is an easy, one-dish dinner often served in Minnesota at such large gatherings as family reunions, potlucks or church suppers. This homemade tater tot hotdish recipe will bring your hotdish game to a whole other level. You can have Zen's Fresh Tater Tot Hot Dish using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Zen's Fresh Tater Tot Hot Dish
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 medium of chopped onion.
- You need 1 each of green pepper.
- Prepare 2 large of carrots.
- You need 1 box of fresh mushrooms (whatever kind you like. I prefer baby portobello).
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 packages of tater tots.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
Using from scratch components, we are not making this This easy Tater Tot Hot Dish is a perfect family dinner or potluck favorite. A hearty filling is topped with crispy tater tots for a truly comforting meal. Vegetarian Tater Tot Hotdish – a classic comforting Minnesota casserole, now vegetarian-friendly! Now that it's officially September we can talk all things FALL!
Zen's Fresh Tater Tot Hot Dish step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brown ground beef and onion.
- Chop up your fresh veggies. You can add or remove any veggies you want for this. It's really good with red, orange, or yellow peppers too!.
- Drain beef. In a 9×13 baking dish, pour the beef and onion mixture into the bottom. Top the beef with your chopped veggies. Pour the soup on top of veggies. Add the celery seed on top of the soup. cover the whole thing with tots..
- Put the tot dish in the 375° oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the tots are nice and brown and crispy.
- After its done baking, top with cheese and put back in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
To be honest, after spending the majority of my childhood in Minnesota, I never truly had a tater tot hotdish. Sure, I have had plenty of. The quintessential one-dish meal found at most any family reunion, funeral lunch, church supper, or potluck in the Upper Midwest. I've taken my tried and true tater tot hotdish recipe one step further with this Kicked-Up Tater Tot Hotdish. Tater Tot Hotdish, also known as Tater Tot Casserole, is a classic comfort food recipe best Tastes like pure comfort food.