You can have Pickle-Brined Chicken using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Pickle-Brined Chicken
- You need 64 oz of Jar pickles.
- It’s 6 of Bone in chicken thighs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Merlot wine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dry Dill weed.
Pickle-Brined Chicken step by step
- Drain pickles, reserving brine. Store, covered, in fridge up to two weeks. Place chicken in jar of brine. Cover and chill in fridge 8-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475?F. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by lining with foil and spray with cooking spray. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine..
- In bowl, combine flour and pepper. Heat oil in large fry pan to medium high. Coat chicken in flour and place skin side down in hot oil. Fry 8 minutes to sear..
- Place in prepared pan, skin side up. Bake for 15 minutes. Loosely tent with foil and rest 5 minutes after removing from oven..
- Drain all but 1 tbsp oil from pan and add wine. Boil over medium-high heat for two minutes, loosening brown bits from pan with wooden spoon. Add broth, and bring to boil. cook down about 2 minutes..
- Add butter, stirring till melted. Remove from heat and stir in dill weed. Pour sauce over chicken and serve..
- Recipe tweaked from a magazine. Not sure if it was Good Housekeeping or Family Circle.