You can cook Sriracha Pickles using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Sriracha Pickles
- Prepare 1 pints of jar of whole gherkin cucumbers (I use Mexican Sour Gherkins from the garden — sliced cucumber will work, too).
- It’s 1 cup of vinegar (white, cider, or wine).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of pickling salt (or any pure salt).
- You need 1 tbsp of hot sauce (sriracha), to taste.
Sriracha Pickles step by step
- Add gherkins/cucumber to a clean pint jar..
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar, water and salt to a boil. Remove from heat..
- Stir in the hot sauce and cool for about 3 -5 minutes (liquid should still be hot, but not boiling hot)..
- Pour the liquid into the jar over the gherkins/cucumbers..
- Cap the jar and allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 3-4 days before eating. (You can try them after 24 hours, but they won't be fully pickled)..
- Once they're pickled, move the jar to the refrigerator..