Garlic Dill Pickles.
You can have Garlic Dill Pickles using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Garlic Dill Pickles
- Prepare 2 of cucumbers, sliced (enough to fill a pint jar).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vinegar (white, cider or wine).
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of canning salt (or any pure salt).
- It’s 1 head of garlic (to taste).
- It’s 2 bunch of fresh dill, divided.
- You need 1/2 tsp of whole peppercorns.
- You need 1/2 tsp of whole mustard seed (if you've got it).
Garlic Dill Pickles instructions
- Pack a clean pint jar with cucumber, peeled garlic cloves, a few dill sprigs, peppercorns and mustard seed..
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, and salt, and bring to a boil..
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the dill to the liquid..
- Allow the liquid to cool for about 25-30 minutes, until it's almost room temperature. (You can skip the cooling step if you want a less crisp "cooked" pickle)..
- Remove the dill and pour the liquid over the cucumbers, garlic, and seasonings in the jar..
- Cover the jar tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours (several days is better) before serving..