Sweet Cauliflower Pickle.
You can have Sweet Cauliflower Pickle using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Sweet Cauliflower Pickle
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 2 large of onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard mild english or dijon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 4 cup of good quality white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
Sweet Cauliflower Pickle step by step
- cut onions and large cauliflower head into very small pieces and put in a lge non metallic bowl cover veg with water and add salt let sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse vegetables and set aside. While your sauce is simmering blanch cauliflower by steaming or boiling for 3 minutes then drain.
- in bottom of large heavy saucepan put mustard, tumeric, flour, honey, and sugar with one cup of the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste. Add the rest of the vinegar and boil gently for 20 to 30 minutes till nicely thickened like smooth gravy.
- Add vegetables and simmer for another 10 minutes, less if you want a crisper pickle. bottle immediately while hot in sterilized jars..
- Serve on sandwiches or with cold meat and cheese platters and some red wine.
- if you like a sweeter pickle add another half cup of sugar or honey. If you want a clear pickle omit the mustard. You can substitute any firm vegetables if desired such as carrots cucumber beans celery etc.
- For a faster result use a food processor to dice veg. then soak vegetables for two hours in extra salted water instead of overnight.
- makes about 8 to 10 small jars.