Fermented Dill Pickles.
You can have Fermented Dill Pickles using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Fermented Dill Pickles
- It’s 46 oz of jar sterilized.
- You need 8 medium of pickling cucumbers.
- Prepare 1 1/4 pints of water.
- You need 6 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of whole pepper corns, black.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of dill weed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dill seed.
- It’s 1 gallon of zip lock bag.
- You need 1 of water.
Fermented Dill Pickles instructions
- Take the jar fill with cucumbers. Add dill weed and seed. Add crushed garlic..
- Take the water hot from the tap add salt and desolve the salt. Pour it over the contents of the jar..
- Take the zip lock bag add water cover over the opening of jar. This will allow gases to escape safely. Put in a cool dry place..
- Let sit 6 – 7 days when bubbles have quit rising. Check it a couple of times a day to skim the scum off top if any gets on bag rinse it off..
- Once this happens, cover the jar loosely and place in the refrigerator for 3 days, skimming daily or as needed. Store for up to 2 months in the refrigerator, skimming as needed. If the pickles should become soft or begin to take on an off odor, this is a sign of spoilage and they should be throwed out..
- I put a cucumber across the rest that fit tight to keep the rest below the brine at least 2 inches. This is important. The longer the stay in the brine the more sour they become..