Mike's Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish. Whether or not you grew up in the Midwest, this classic tater tot hotdish (otherwise known as a casserole to you non-Midwesterners) is a dinnertime favorite, no matter where you're from. This tater tot hotdish has a classic base with a spicy kick. You can leave out the ingredients with a kick by replacing the peppers with other veggies and swapping pepper jack with cheddar Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Hotdish: Replace the beef with shredded chicken and the soup with cheddar cheese soup.
Prepping is a breeze, and you can cut your work down to almost nothing if you use frozen mixed vegetables. Tater Tot Casserole, or Tater Tot HotDish as we call it in Minnesota, is a family favorite! Easy to make with ground beef, frozen veggies, and tater tots — comfort food For those of you who don't know, tater tot hotdish is a delectable dish made with corn, peas, carrots, green beans, and other veggies. You can cook Mike's Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Mike's Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish
- Prepare 1.5 Lb of 80/20 Hamburger [fried & fully drained].
- It’s 1 of Fine Chopped Vidalia Onion.
- Prepare 1 of LG Bag Frozen Tater Tots.
- You need 1 (7 oz) of Can Chopped Mushrooms [fully drained – chopped].
- Prepare 1 Can of Sweet Corn [to taste – fully drained].
- You need 1 Can of Green Beans [to taste – fully drained].
- Prepare 2 Cans of Camples Cream Of Mushroom Soup [to taste].
- It’s as needed of Whole Milk [just enough to thin condensed soup].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher Salt [go sparingly].
- It’s 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need as needed of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare as needed of Pam Olive Oil Spray.
- Prepare as needed of Green Onions [garnish].
Cheesy Hamburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe Tater Tot Hotdish: Easy Dinner Idea. This cheesy hamburger tater tot casserole is the definition of This easy tater tot hotdish is a tasty family-friendly recipe with layers of ground beef, mixed veggies & tater tots in a rich and cheesy mushroom sauce. Hotdish is the perfect meal to keep stored in the freezer for a busy night or a last minute dinner guest. Assemble the casserole as you normally would up to Not necessarily.
Mike's Cheesy Tater Tot Hotdish step by step
- Here's all you'll need..
- Fry your ground beef with chopped onions and mushrooms until fully cooked..
- Drain meat mixture well..
- Following that, add meat and onion mixture to a greased oven safe pan. Add a layer of shredded cheese as well..
- Scatter drained sweet corn and green beans to the top of mixture as needed..
- Whisk your condensed soup with a few dashes of milk to slightly thin and all seasonings together. Then add to the top of meat, cheese and veggie mixture in dollops..
- Add another layer of shredded cheese..
- Add tots [slightly submerged] and shredded cheddar cheese to top again. Garnish with fresh green onions..
- Bake uncovered at 375° for 60 minutes. Just keep an eye on her after 45 minutes being careful not to burn [but brown] the tots..
- Serve piping hot and crispy! Enjoy!.
Most hotdishes won't require cooking your tater tots first, but of you want some extra crispy tots on top (who doesn't!?), then we. Tater Tot Hot Dish Video Recipe for your viewing pleasure. This Tater Tot Recipe with Cheese and Vegetables is a big hit in our house. Tater Tot Hotdish, also known as Tater Tot Casserole, is a classic comfort food recipe best known in Minnesota. Such an easy ground beef dinner recipe!