Bread and Butter Pickles.
You can have Bread and Butter Pickles using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Bread and Butter Pickles
- It’s 3 1/2 lb of pickling cucumbers ( about 14 small to medium ).
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Ball Bread & Butter pickling mix.
Bread and Butter Pickles instructions
- Cut ends off cucumbers. Cut into 1/2" slices. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars & lids in simmering water until ready to use. Do not boil. Set aside..
- Combine vinegar, sugar, pickling spice in a medium sausepan. Heat to a boil..
- Pack slices into hot jars. Laddle hot pickling liquid over slices. Leaving 1/2" headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight..
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes. Remive jars and cool. Check seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed. For Best flavor allow pickles to stand for 4-6 weeks to develop flavors…This makes about 8 pints….