Tater tot casserole my way. I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can be found in my pantry. I frequently have ground beef and tater tots in the freezer so this meal is one I can pull together quickly and easily. You may have a Tater Tot Casserole before and chances are.
I love tater tot casserole, this recipe is much the same as mine, but I don't add ketchup. Hotdishes have been popular for years because they are convenient to make using only one pan. They are also a favorite because But, I have found after making this casserole for years, that my way makes for the most flavorful casserole with the most accurate cooking time! You can have Tater tot casserole my way using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tater tot casserole my way
- It’s 3 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 of med yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 (3 oz) of pack bacon bits.
- It’s 1 (10 1/2 oz) of can cream of chicken and mushroom soup.
- Prepare 16 oz of container of sour cream.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of jar beef gravy.
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of parsley.
- You need 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese divided equally.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of bag frozen tater tots you may not use them all.
This TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE is pure comfort food and it's one of the easier ways to get my kiddos to eat their veggies! I'm such a sucker for a casserole. I think it's partly because casseroles nearly always involve cheese and who doesn't love cheese? This tater tot casserole with veggies is.
Tater tot casserole my way step by step
- Cook and crumble ground beef add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper and continue to cook till beef is nice and brown and onions are tender. Then drain well and mix in bacon bits..
- Mix cream soup, sour cream, gravy, and parsley together and mix with ground beef..
- Add half of the meat mixture to a greased 13 x 9 inch dish top with 2 cups of cheese then repeat once then top with a even layer of tater tots and bake at 350 for 60 minutes or till tater tots are golden brown..
This Tater Tot Casserole from Delish.com is the best! Are you an under cover tater tot lover? Then you GOTTA try our tater tot grilled cheese, AKA the best drunk food ever. Place your tater tots over the ground beef. Pour your soup over all of this.