Sago barfi. During this holy month, my mother fasting for whole month. for her i usually make this dish. Its made with sago, sugar, milk & sweet potatoes. The delicious sago barfi has a nutty taste since the sabudana is roasted and powdered.
Besan ki barfi recipe with step by step pics. besan barfi is one of those traditional sweets that is loved by everyone including kids. making besan barfi is easier than making mysore pak which is more tricky. Methods of preparation are simple, but time-consuming, as the main ingredients For example, sabudana (sago), the main constituent of vada, need to be soaked overnight; potatoes. Besan barfi or Besan ki barfi is a barfi sweet from Northern India and Pakistan. You can have Sago barfi using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sago barfi
- You need 1/2 cup of sago seeds.
- It’s 2 of medium sized boiled sweet potatoes.
- It’s 2 of &1/2 cup milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fig.
- You need 4-5 of dates.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tsp of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of clarified butter.
- Prepare of Dry fruits & rose petals for garnish.
It is prepared for marriages and festive occasions. Sago (西米) is made from sago palm tree stem starch. Although not native to China, we love to cook Raw sago has a pure and lovely white color and cooked sago presents a lovely transparent color..vadam, sago fryums with step by step photo/video. a thin disc shaped snack food prepared mainly with the accompaniment like chutney, fryums, papad and any deep-fried snack. sabudana or sago. Known as Butod locally, Sago Grub or Sago Worm is a delicacy, as well as the most disgusting food Butod is the larvae of Sago Palm Weevil, a species of snout beetle that consumes sago palm during.
Sago barfi instructions
- Make a coarse powder of sago.
- Take a pan, add 2 cups milk and sago let it boil.
- Add sugar, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder fig & dates.
- Let it cook.
- Take it off from flame. & place it on plate add rose water and level it. & keep it refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Make a paste of sweet potatoes add cardamom powder and clarified butter.
- Spread this potato paste on sago mixture. Add nuts and petals.
- Let it set in refrigerator for 1h.
- Serve it chilled.
Use gram flour (besan), ghee, dry mawa and sugar for making instant and yummy besan barfi. Sago or saboodana is a food which is full of energy due to rich carbohydrate content. It is extracted from the spongy center of sago palm stems (Metroxylon sagu) and it is in the form of starch. Besan barfi Recipe – This is the simple version of besan burfi recipe which is made from only FOUR ingredients, gram flour, semolina, sugar and clarified butter aka desi ghee. Barfi or burfi is a basic fudge from Indian cuisine that is made using full fat milk, sugar and ghee.