You can have Cheeseburger Casserole using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Casserole
- Prepare 2 cup of uncooked rotelle pasta (any kind will work fine).
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste ( or 1 cup marinara sauce).
- Prepare 28 oz of diced tomatoes (or 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes).
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped dill pickles.
Cheeseburger Casserole instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente (about 5-7 minutes) and drain well..
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until lightly golden and soft, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and cook until browned; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste or marinara sauce and tomatoes and mustard. Allow to cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes..
- After the pasta and meat are cooked Toss the meat mixture with the pasta and spread it into the prepared dish. Top with the cheddar cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheesy is fully melted and the casserole is boiling in the edges. Remove from oven and Sprinkle the chopped pickles over the top and serve..