sunshines strawberry fig jam. Anyone can make Fig-Strawberry Jam after reading this web page! The fig and strawberry combination is a perfect match: the sweetness of figs coupled with the tartness and aromatic flavor of strawberries is ideal, allowing you to use much less sugar or even go sugarless! Find out how Acadiana cooks Gumbo, Etoufee, Crawfish, Boudin, Deep-Fried Turkey and everything else.
It all went into a jar and then into the fridge for an overnight rest. Place lid & ring on jar & place in water bath canner. Figs and strawberry gelatin make a canned fruit preserve that everyone will swear is made of strawberries. You can have sunshines strawberry fig jam using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of sunshines strawberry fig jam
- You need 7 cup of ripe figs.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 box of strawberry Jello (3.oz).
- It’s 1 can of (15.oz) strawberries light syrup (useing the juice and strawberries).
The pretty red jars make nice gifts. This sweet fig jam is so easy to make at home and goes perfect with either sweet or savory dishes like scones, muffins, breads, or cheeses. Unlike the more common jams such as strawberry or raspberry, fig jam has a unique taste that is kind of fancier and pairs perfectly with cheeses. DIRECTIONS Add figs, honey, and lemon juice to medium size saucepan.
sunshines strawberry fig jam step by step
- clean figs, take off remainder of the stems . cut in halfs.
- in a large pot add sugar, jello,can of strawberries and juice, and figs, bring to a hard boil, stirring mix well..
- let it boil hard for 10 minutes, reduce heat to simmer boil, stir constantly for 15 minutes..
- take off heat and let cool to warm temp, now ready to put the jam in a jar..
- closeing the lids tightly. this makes 38oz , u can put them in old pickel jars. or sterilize mason jars..
- put in refrigerator overnight ready to eat ,with in 12 hours ..for best results let's set in refrigerator 24 hours..
- this is good on toast or biscuits!!!!!!.
Pour in sterilized jars and seal. Trim stems and finely chop figs. Trade Street Jam Co. is a minority & woman-owned small batch jam company founded by Ashley Rouse. Ashley, who's been a chef for almost Her jams are best used in craft cocktails, BBQ sauces, glazes for meats or vegetables, baked goods, yogurt, overnight oats, salad dressings and more! View top rated Fig strawberry jam recipes with ratings and reviews.