Larry's Southern fried pickles. " Southern-style fried pickles seasoned to perfection! Paired with a sweet and tangy dipping sauce". This Southern fried pickle recipe has a golden breading that is slightly spicy, pair that with the saltiness of the pickle and slight tang and sweetness of the sauce…see where I'm going.
They are traditionally served with a horseradish or spicy ranch sauce, but I say why. There's only thing better than fried pickles and that's fried pickles dipped in our Roundhouse-Kick Sauce. We kept it classic by first adding dill pickle chips to a batter of buttermilk and black pepper. You can have Larry's Southern fried pickles using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Larry's Southern fried pickles
- You need jar of your favorite sliced pickles (Good pickles is the key).
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of cornmeal.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of ranch dressing or blue cheese.
Then we tossed the in a mixture of ground cornmeal and flour before letting our cast iron skillet fry. Fried pickles make a wonderful appetizer or snack for when you have friends over or just anytime. These fried pickles are great with ranch dressing or my homemade buttermilk ranch dressing. We love to make these for any summer holidays.
Larry's Southern fried pickles instructions
- To prepare your pickles, pat them dry first, then dip them in the flour salt and pepper mixture. You will then dip them in the egg, and finally the cornmeal. At this point, you are ready to fry!.
- Fry in hot oil of choice, single layer till golden brown..
- Remove and place on paper towel to get rid of excess oil..
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing..
Dip pickle slices into flour, egg wash and corn meal. A southern favorite; fried pickles are crisp and tangy. The consummate southern starter, the fried pickle begins as a slice is dipped in a seasoned buttermilk mixture, dredged in a tasty coating and deep fried in oil until perfectly golden brown. They are traditionally served with a horseradish or spicy ranch. File Name: Kentucky Fried Chicken Font.