Homemade Bokchoy Pickle.
You can have Homemade Bokchoy Pickle using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Homemade Bokchoy Pickle
- It’s 1 kg of bokchoy.
- You need 5 cups of rice.
- It’s 3 L of (about 1.5 quart) water.
- You need 100 gr of salt.
- It’s 70 gr of sugar.
Homemade Bokchoy Pickle instructions
- Wash the rice with the water until the water looks white. Drain the rice and put the water in a pot. Use the rice for other thing..
- Boil this water, then get 3 litre out if it. If it's not enough, add hot water until it gets 3 litre..
- Stir in the salt and sugar until they're dissolved. Transfer to a container. Let it cool down to room temperature..
- Rince the bokchoy until clean (no dirt in between the inside stem). Cut them half if they're big..
- Arrange the bokchoy into the water..
- Put the weight on it so that all the bokchoy are completely submerged in the water. I used a mortar as the weight..
- Close the container. Leave at room temperature for 6 days..
- After 6 days, drain bokchoy. Rinse with clean water. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator. They can also be put in a container per serving then freeze it..