Rouladen. Couple of hints – vary the mustard type bacon and pickles for different taste sensations. Rouladen is a traditional German dish featuring long, thin strips of meat slathered with mustard and filled with bacon, onions, and pickles. The filling is enclosed by rolling up.
This German beef Rouladen recipe, along with potato dumplings and red cabbage, is among our most On top of that, there are so many versions of this braised beef Rouladen recipe, that it is easy. Rouladen is a classic and favorite German meal. The precise origin of the dish is unknown, however it is known that the dish originated in Europe and the. You can cook Rouladen using 12 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table of Recipes
Ingredients of Rouladen
- It’s 1 of Thick cut bacon.
- Prepare 1/2 of Spanish Onion.
- It’s 2 medium of Large Carrots.
- You need 4 large of Dill Pickles.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Grainy Mustard.
- Prepare 1 cup of Red Wine.
- You need 4 cup of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 5 1/4 slice of Frying Steaks or inside round.
Have you made or heard of rouladen before? This is a traditional German dish and one that I have made many times but not for years! Find rouladen stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.
Rouladen step by step
- Preheat Oven @ 350°F.
- Peel the carrots and onion. Cut the half onion once vertically then slice 1/2 thinly.
- Peel and Cut Carrots thin and long..
- Slice pickles lengthwise into quarters.
- Lay the meat flat season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mustard evenly amoung the slices.
- lay 1-2 Slices of Bacon down on top of beef then lay down a row of pickle spear and carrots close to one of the long slides, sprinkle some slicef onion over the top..
- Roll the beef up tightly. tucking the ends can use toothpicks at end to secure..
- Heat the butter up and brown the roll-ups..
- Add the remaining carrots and onions and saute' for 3 – 5 min. until golden brown..
- Pour in the wine will start to bubble and squeal stir the bottom. Turn the heat off.
- With roll-ups in your Dutch Oven pour beef stock on top.
- Pour beef stock over top add enough water that the meat is submerged but not to much..
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Pull Rouladen out of dish set aside..
- Strain the cooking liquid discard the solids..
- Put 1 cup of broth aside in heat proof jar with lid. Add 1/4 cup of flour to liquid and shake vigorously until no lumps..
- Set remaining broth over med high hear and bring to a simmering boil until reduced half for about 8-15 min..
- Slowly pour the thick floury liquid back into the reduced broth whisking constantly for 5 – 10 min..
- Gently slide the Rouladen into gravey simmer for 5 min. Remove tooth picks before serving cut into large pieces and serve Delish!!.
German-food lovers adore rouladen (German beef roll-ups). My German mother-in-law gave me this recipe many years ago. It's still a family favorite, especially around Oktoberfest time. Finde was du suchst – erstklassig & simpel. Jetzt ausprobieren mit ♥ Chefkoch.de ♥.